- Total choir – this choir meets on a Wednesday night in the city (in the cultural hall of Impala Total). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mimbu music school – a relatively new music school in the city (Rua Samuel Bernardo, nº36, R/C – Ingombotas). Best place for more information is their website – http://mimbuangola.com
- Casa da Musica – Benfica – is another music school in Benfica focussing primarily on group lessons for the local community. It is a project run through the Fundação Arte e Cultura. There is also a recording studio – and it’s worth looking out for events that are often held here. https://www.facebook.com/CasadaMusicaCCARD
- Luanda Music Studio – Nova Vida – tel: 935 799 025 or email email@example.com – adults and children, piano, guitar, violin, drum, cello – teaching in English, French and Portuguese.
Access to information regarding theatres in Angola is limited. There are reported to be a couple (National Theatre of Luanda, Theatre Avenida) so any reviews from LBW members and friends would be hugely appreciated.
- Fundação Arte e Cultura – https://www.facebook.com/FundacaoArteECultura?fref=ts – is worth keeping an eye on for events and information.
- Cineplace, Belas shopping, Talatona. This cinema shows international movies. Details can be found here – http://www.cineplaceangola.com
- French films – the Alliance Française de Luanda hosts movies on a fortnightly basis (Wednesday). See this link for more information. And be aware that the movies are in French, with Portuguese sub-titles. http://www.alliancefrluanda.com/fr/activites-culturelles/mercredis-du-cinema
- Cinema – Goethe Institut – http://www.goethe.de/ins/ao/pt/lua/kul/flm/cnt.html
- Kizomba and Salsa classes – Thursday 9.30-10.30 am and Friday 5-6 at the Luanda Condominio Club House – Contact FRANCA – 946037965 or firstname.lastname@example.org