Children’s activities in Luanda are limited – and it’s important to be realistic about that. Most of the schools, however, run an extensive after school activity programme to make sure that this aspect of children’s life is fulfilled.
Other things to consider are:
- Rainbows, Brownies and Guides / Boy Scouts – there are units currently running in Luanda. For more information please ask us – so that we can give you the current contact details.
- Soccer – can be played outside of school at AFA
- Rugby – the Palancas rugby club has a junior section playing once a month – see sports section for details
- Tennis – many of the tennis coaches will also coach children. Please ask us if you want details, so that we can make sure you have up to date information.
- Golf – Mangais golf club has a new junior programme. Check their website for information.
- Music – see arts section for details of the city music school and the Luanda Music Studio in Nova Vida.
- Pilates and Ballet Talatona (3-7 year olds) – contact Roni on 942073232
Please let us know of anything else you know – or anything else that you might have set up for children. We often find that the reason things are happening for the children is because a family has just got on and got started!